The Drostdy Hotel
Erected in 1806, this historical Cape Dutch building served as the local seat of government for the VOC for 40 years.
In 1847 Mr Ziervogel purchased the Drostdy and its property for R 7720. When he moved to the Transvaal in 1873 no individual could afford to buy the furnished mansion and it was turned into a hotel.
The various owners made numerous alterations and by the turn of the 19th century, it was turned into a double-story building.
In 1975 the Historical Homes and Oude Meester group bought the hotel and restored it to its former glory.
It has undergone many structural changes during its lifetime, but in 1975 was restored to its original pristine elegance and it is still in operation today.