John Rupert Theatre
Founded when Dr Rupert purchased and restored the old Coloured Missions Church in Parsonage Street, referred to as the "Groot London". This Congregational Mission Church was responsible for the founding of the first private school for the coloured community in 1801. This was Dr Rupert's second property that he purchased, restored and handed over to the town council. The building is named after his father.
The theatre was inaugurated in January 1980 and performances still occur here today.