Things to do in and around Graaff-Reinet
Surrounded by the breath taking Camdeboo National Park, Graaff-Reinet, South Africa’s 4th oldest city, lies at the heart of the Great Karoo. Whether you’re into history or nature, looking to relax or seeking your next big adrenaline rush, Graaff - Reinet has something for everyone.
Top 5 Tourist Attractions
- The Valley of Desolation, a geological wonder of weathered dolerite pillars with magnificent views over the Karoo plains has also been declared a national monument.
- The Camdeboo National Park of 19 000 ha, on the outskirts of the town with its interesting flora and fauna.
- Reinet House Museum - a Cape Dutch building, formerly the Dutch Reformed Church parsonage - and other important Karoo architecture sites.
- The Dutch Reformed Church in the centre of the town is a prominent stone building in the high street with seating for more than 1000 people.
- The Drostdy Hotel - A Cape Dutch building erected in 1806 as the local seat of government by the VOC. Currently a hotel with Stretch's Court, a picturesque restored street of Karoo cottages with brightly painted shutters and doors.